Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh what a night

Where do I begin?
Things did not quite go the way we planned. After 35 hours of attempted-inducing (3 rounds of pitocin), Julie has been taken in for a c-section. It was a very rough night. The epidural worked great- Julie was able to relax and get some rest. However, it started to wear off around 3:00 am and it took about an hour and a half to get the pain under control. Julie started to throw up due to the rush of meds they were giving her and her blood pressure dropped. While this was happening, my mom, who was helping Julie, sat on the floor and told me she wasn't feeling good and I needed to get a nurse. I didnt know what she meant- then she started throwing up too! One piece of advice for all future visitors- do not eat the vegetable soup from the cafeteria- it will make a second appearance! I'm sorry I wasn't able to get pictures during this time- I hope you will understand. :-)

Anyways, they were finally able to get the pain under control around 4:30 and said they were out of options in terms of the induction and a c-section would be needed. We were all able to get some rest and then they came to get her at 6:00. Carter will be here soon! Jason and Julie are in right now; updates and pictures to follow shortly!

I will keep you posted on how Julie and baby are doing. I know she will be excited to start receiving visitors, but because she has been feeling so poorly she may need a day or two before feeling up to having visitors.

Feel free to text me or comment on this blog if you'd like more info; otherwise I'll let you whatever I know whenever I know it!

Yours truly,

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment